Student Referral Centre
The Student Referral Centre (SRC) provides a comprehensive behaviour support service to students across all year groups at HAM. The centre has four main aims:
1. To provide an alternative sanction to fixed term exclusion.
2. To provide a highly disciplined environment in which students work in isolation.
3. To address behavioural and emotional issues through targeted ongoing support.
4. To reduce the number of fixed term exclusions and improve students behaviour.
The centre is staffed by the Student Referral Centre Manager, Behaviour Support Assistants and the Safer Schools Police Officer.
All students placed in isolation in the centre receive a 1:1 support and advice session during their stay. This is used to determine the level of ongoing behaviour support required. The SRC also caters for students who do not require isolation but are in need of assistance with emotional or behavioural issues. These are assessed in an initial 1:1 session to determine an ongoing programme of support.
Support takes the form of one or more of the following:
· 1:1 Support and advice sessions.
· Group support sessions.
· Behaviour workshops and courses covering a range of issues including anger management, self esteem,
personal image, positive relationships and communication and team work.
· Mediation service between students and students / staff.
· Mentoring programmes including peer mentoring.
· Year 6 / 7 Transition Project for targeted vulnerable students.
In addition to the services provided for the Academy, the SRC also provides staff training, advice and targeted student intervention programmes for other schools within the London Borough of Merton.