Download our FREE smartphone app today!
RE: Message from the Safeguarding Team
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Due to the number of concerning incidents occurring with school aged children on the way to and from school, please spend some time talking to your child about safe travel, the important of vigilance, not having valuable items on show and where possible ask them to travel home with others. Please ensure that they know their route and where they can seek help if required.
The following points below may help guide the conversation:
- Be vigilant of people, cars, bikes, scooters around you
- Be confident, hold you head up high when walking
- Know your route and an alternative in advance
- Know where to seek help E.g. shop, friend's house, public building
- Go straight home
- Travel if possible, with a friend
- Avoid alleyways and parks
- Do not wear headphones/ ear pods or show expensive items
- Keep to busy well-lit roads
- Travel on the lower deck of the bus if possible
- React early if you are worried E.g. cross the road, go into a shop or stand near another adult
- If someone tries to speak to you, you don't know, give them a firm short reply and keep moving, do not stop or stand still
- Shout as loud as you can for help or dial 999 (know the emergency short cut call on your phone)
- Tell someone when you get home
If you have any concerns, please report to the Police or contact the Safeguarding Team.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our students safe.
Harris Academy Merton