Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Harris Academy Merton aims to create a climate where children and adults understand the importance of well-being and supports all to have the best possible outcomes during their education. We recognise that we have a full and active part to play in protecting our students from issues which may arise surrounding mental health and self-injury.
The Designated Teacher for Mental Health and Well-being is Mr Adair (Vice Principal)
The Merton Mental Health Directory for young people can be found here and provides a list of local services. Further information for young people in Merton can be located here. Merton’s child ad young persons wellbeing model can be found here.
- www.minded.org.uk - Mental Health advice for all
- www.relate.org.uk - Support and advice on mental health issues
- www.stonewall.org.uk - Support for LGBT young people, as well as families
- www.samaritans.org – Support available 24 hours a day
- www.rethink.or.uk – Support and guidance and helpline
- www.youngminds.org.uk – Child and adolescent website
- www.stem4.org.uk – Teenage Mental health Charity