Mental Health and Wellbeing
The Designated Teacher for Mental Health and Well-being is Mr. Adair (Vice Principal)
Harris Academy Merton aims to create a climate where children and adults understand the importance of well-being and supports all to have the best possible outcomes during their education. We recognise that we have a full and active part to play in protecting our students from issues which may arise surrounding mental health and self-injury.
- www.minded.org.uk - Mental Health advice for all
- www.relate.org.uk - Support and advice on mental health issues
- www.stonewall.org.uk - Support for LGBT young people, as well as families
- www.samaritans.org – Support available 24 hours a day
- www.rethink.or.uk – Support and guidance and helpline
- www.youngminds.org.uk – Child and adolescent website
- www.stem4.org.uk – Teenage Mental health Charity
The NHS has created new website, bestforyou to support, students, parents/ carers and professionals to make it easier for you to find out the support you need. It includes information about mental health, digital tools for anyone in the UK and personalised mental health service
We work closely with Off the Record.
webinars/ online workshops https://www.talkofftherecord.org/sign-up/online-workshops/ and our updated support line hours (attached): https://www.talkofftherecord.org/support-line/