Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Prevent and British values
Prevent agenda and British Values
Radicalisation and Extremism
The Academy believes and actively supports the view that all students should be protected from radicalisation and extremism. The Academy’s Prevent Duty Lead is Mrs Simpson, the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
The Prevent duty lead has two specific strategic objectives to safeguard our students against radicalisation, extremism and any actions or beliefs that are contrary to British values and our Academy ethos:
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support
- Prevent duty guidance- Home Office guidance
- Prevent duty: additional advice for schools and childcare providers - DfE advice
- Educate Against Hate website - DfE and Home Office advice
How to report radicalisation and extremism?
The Merton Lead is Ms. Willis and Merton’s Prevent Police Officer is PC Kendrick who can be contacted via Prevent@merton.gov.uk or on 020 8545 4226/4227, 0208 649 4038.