Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Career Guidance and Education at Harris Academy Merton
1. OUR CAREER GUIDANCE AND EDUCATION VALUES:
At Harris Academy Merton we believe that a robust career guidance and education programme is vital to ensuring our students are empowered to make informed decisions about their future and to become engaged citizens. A strong focus of our programme is that each student has a personalised experience with access to information and opportunities of interest to them.
Careers Leader: Dan Brown (Coordinator) and Ben West (Assistant Principal)
Telephone No: 020 8623 1000
2. AIMS OF CAREER GUIDANCE AND EDUCATION AT HARRIS ACADEMY MERTON:
- Inspire and motivate students to challenge themselves to reach their full academic and personal potential
- Ensure that each individual student has the information they require to make decisions for Key Stage 4 options, Post 16 destination and Post 18 education, training or employment
- Each student has access to personal careers education and guidance
- Information provided to students is informed by career and labour market information
- The curriculum makes clear links to careers
- Students have access to encounters with employers and employees from different industries
- Students are given access to have experience within workplaces
- There are a variety of encounters with further and higher education institutions offered to students