Parent Partnership & Support
Harris Academy Merton values parents and carers as partners in the development and education of their children.
Parents will be involved in setting targets for Individual Learning Plans (when this is possible) and agreeing their involvement in efforts to meet their child’s learning needs. Individual learning plans will mostly be written by school staff and then shared and agreed with parents.
We warmly encourage you to:
- Attend parents' evening and any additional meetings arranged
- Attend the SEND parent engagement events
- Contact the school over any issues you may have
- Follow us on Twitter and check the school website
- Make regular use of the ‘My Child at School’ App
- Use the ‘Parent Zone’ section of the website for information https://www.harrismerton.org.uk/289/parent-zone
Independent Parent and Carer Support Groups
Merton Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service (MIASS)
MIASS was formerly known as Merton Parent Partnership Service.
MIASS offer independent advice and support to parents and carers of all children and young people with SEND. For further information in Merton contact Fran Turko/Shazia Khan
Phone: 020 8543 8854
Croydon Parents in Partnership (PIP)
In Croydon the parent support service is called, Parents in Partnership (PIP). You can contact PIP on firstname.lastname@example.org
Merton SEND support and advice services are below:
Local SEN and disability advice and support services
National SEND support and advice services are below:
- ADHD support and advice can be found here
- Autism support and advice can be found here
- Dyslexia support and advice can be found here