Download our FREE smartphone app today!
What to do if my child is ill
It is vitally important that your child does not attend the Academy if your child has any of the COVID 19 symptoms, any member of your household has the symptoms, or if your child has been in immediate contact with any person who has symptoms, or have returned from a country on the Government Travel restrictions web site.
If your child has been exposed to anyone with confirmed symptoms or you have returned from a country on the list of travel restrictions then you must remain at home and call the Academy for further guidance.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result
Call the Academy and inform them of your issue and you will be advised about what to do next.
Please find all policies and addendums in the relevant sections HERE.
Some useful documents are found at the bottom of this page.
Harris Academy Merton